Peony Hill Farm is a 145-acre L-shaped parcel of gorgeous gently rolling farmland in the Township of Georgina. The house is situated on the high point of the local area and has magnificent 360-degree rural views. There are two-road frontages being Bethel Sideroad and Kennedy Road.
The property is zoned as mixed agriculture and residential. 110 acres are currently being leased and farmed which generates $4,100 a year. The neighbour to the south has been farming the land for over 20 years. The farmer’s lease expires on December 31st, and a new lease is estimated to increase to $11,000 a year. Also on the property is a drive shed that is about 800-1000sq/f and can be used to store equipment. The home is currently leased to tenants. The home lease is generating $24,000 a year.
The house is an original Ontario Georgian home built by Andrew Morton between 1840-1842. The exterior bricks were made using the clay from the property. The interior of the home projects a feeling of casual elegance as the principal rooms display “sophisticated” features that have been preserved from its original state.
Some of the gracious features typical of a Georgian design include:
- 10.5 ft. ceiling height on the main floor and 10.2 ft. ceiling height on the upper level
- Pine wood flooring thru-out,
- 17” to 18 1/2 “ high baseboard trim and,
- An abundance of large windows that maximizes the natural light that floods every room
- Double hung six over six pane windows with each pane 12” by 18”, and
- All walls are solid plaster (lath removed in 1966)
Several upgrades and improvements have been completed including:
- Roof shingles replaced approximately five years ago,
- Main bathroom renovated in 2010
- Powder room renovated in 2015
- All new copper plumbing thru-out
- All new electrical wiring including a new 200-amp breaker panel
- All interior walls were re-plastered in 1966
- Attic insulation was upgraded to R-20 in 1990
- Wood floors were refinished in 1966 and periodically since
Natural gas was installed on Bethel Sideroad in 2000 at which time the previous owners hooked-up to natural gas and replaced the furnace with a new forced-air gas system and subsequently in 2005 added a new central air conditioning system.
|Main||Living||8.22 x 4.60||Formal Rm,Wood Floor,Fireplace|
|Main||Dining||5.22 x 4.45||Formal Rm,Wood Floor|
|Main||Kitchen||5.55 x 3.15||Wood Floor,W/O To Garden,Country Kitchen|
|2nd||Master||5.35 x 4.45||Fireplace,Wood Floor,4 Pc Ensuite|
|2nd||2nd Br||4.55 x 4.40||Wood Floor,W/I Closet|
|2nd||3rd Br||4.45 x 3.10||Wood Floor,W/I Closet,B/I Bookcase|
|Address:||168 Bethel Sideroad|
|Lot Square Feet:||2605 x 1625|
|Heat/Cool:||Forced Air Gas Heating|
|Inclusions:||Large Drive Shed. All Appliances, Window Coverings.|
|Utilities:||Central air: Yes. Heat source: Gas. Heat type: Forced Air. Water: Well. Sewers: Septic.|