The first quarter of 2019 is showing a positive start to the year for waterfront sales. There was a total of 17 sales which, is an increase of 31% since 2018 within the areas that we have been reporting for the past 10 years which include:
(NOTE: Our annual reporting only includes properties sold above $300,000 on Lake Simcoe/Lake Couchiching. Canal, island or riverfront sales are excluded from our analysis.)
SUMMARY OF FIRST QUARTER SALES ACTIVITY
- Georgina experienced the highest number of sales with 8 waterfront properties sold in the first quarter. The average price however, was down by 19.3% from the same period in 2018.
- Beaverton had no sales during the first quarter in 2018 and 2019.
- Oro-Medonte had 2 sales in the 1st quarter of 2018 and 2019. The average price of $1,687,500, is an increase of 20.6% reported for 2019. Oro-Medonte’s average sold price continues to outperform all other waterfront communities included in our analysis. There are 18 active listings priced between $719,000 to $17,900,000.
- Ramara reported 3 sales, down by 40% from the 1st quarter of 2018. The average sold price is down by 10%.
Innisfil has 39 active listings of which 17 are condominium resale units located in the Friday Harbour Development.
- There are a total of 101 active direct and indirect Lake Simcoe waterfront listings on the Toronto Real Estate Board.
(All data used in this report was obtained from The Toronto Real Estate Board.)