Are You Concerned About Obtaining Insurance on your New Country Home?
Insuring Your New Country Property:
There are a number of issues that may arise when applying for home insurance on a country home.
Issues such as:
- knob and tube wiring
- aluminum wiring — demands to retrofit and change to copper wiring
- gas furnaces more than 20 years old
- oil tanks
- wood burning appliances such as a fireplace insert
- 60 amp electrical service not deemed sufficient for appliances in the home
- first-time home buyers without any prior home insurance history
- heritage properties
Home Insurance — A Mortgage Lender Requirement
In most cases, a mortgage lender will require property insurance as a condition of borrowing. A Buyer should commence the insurance application process as soon as they obtain their approval for mortgaging financing.
Your Realtor can provide assistance in obtaining competitive quotes from insurance companies that cater to country property. Shop around is my best advice!