14 Ivy Lane – A Special Waterfront Home in Orillia on Grape Island.
This fabulous waterfront 4-season home is located on Grape Island, just a 5-minute boat ride from the private dock at the end of Forest Avenue in Orillia. Grape Island is a private wholly owned island situated in the narrows on Lake Simcoe. The residents share a private parking lot on the mainland, which is located in the heart of Orillia.
This home was masterfully built using ICF (insulated concrete form) construction with ground-source heating. The best quality building materials were used to construct the home and 20 ft. x 28 ft. boathouse.
The large wrap-around balcony/deck provides plenty of outdoor living space overlooking Lake Simcoe. The master bedroom enjoys its own private garden door entrance to the deck.
The main floor is open concept with a large Great Room including the living, dining and gourmet kitchen. 17 ft. vaulted ceiling includes two large flared skylights.
Great Room: (includes sitting area, kitchen and dining area
- 17 ft. vaulted ceiling
- Plenty of potlighting
- 2 large flared skylights in the sitting area and kitchen
- Porcelain oversized tile
- Double garden doors to access wrap-around deck
- Deck built with composite material on floor and tempered glass railing
- Built-in speaker system
- Single garden door access to deck
- Double hung windows
- 3 pen lights (chandelier design)
- Large center island includes chopping block top with a marble insert for baking, inlay stainless steel sink and plenty of drawers for storage
- Maytag refrigerator and built-in dishwasher, Jennair 6-burner gas stove with electric built-in grill
- Slate tile floor
- Large window overlooking garden
- Views of the lake
- Large dining area
Windows cover most of the primary wall surfaces to bring all the elements of the outdoors in.
- 14 ft. vaulted ceiling
- Oversized porcelain tile floor
- Private garden door entrance from deck
- Large palladium window with double lower level windows provides fabulous views of the lake
- Plenty of pot-lighting
- Ceiling fan
- Custom window blinds
- Halogen light fixture
- Large bank of interior closets
- Separate walk-in closet
- 3 piece ensuite with double man shower and glass surround
For your extended family and friends, the original cottage adds an additional 560 sq. ft. of finished living space with two additional bedrooms, living and dining area and separate kitchen. The Guest House was completely renovated in 2012. Insulated walls and ceiling, new electrical laminate flooring, new windows and doors and tongue & groove walls and ceilings make this space perfect for your guests.
In addition, a Sleeping Cabin overlooking the lake with private porch was added in 2012. Your family and friends will need to flip a coin to see who gets to enjoy this romantic “cabin in the woods.”
Island living offers the privacy, the intimacy, the best views of Lake Simcoe, not to mention the benefits of ownership among a small community of great neighbours!